Learning to Think and Thinking to Learn
It’s more than a tag line – it’s the Oaklands’ Mindset that permeates throughout everything we do. Our whole school community:
- Challenges self and others to reach their full potential
- Fosters determination and resilience in working towards our Ambition
- Encourages greater confidence to achieve Independence
- Values Friendship that shows respect and compassion
- Promotes happiness and motivation to succeed through Enjoyment
- Develops Communication through collaboration and co-operation
Ofsted April 2022
Pupils enjoy the subjects they study, thinking deeply about their learning. This reflects the school’s strong focus on ‘Learning to think – Thinking to learn’. Pupils show high levels of respect for one another and for all adults who care for them. They have very positive attitudes to learning, work hard in lessons and live up to their teachers’ high expectations.
Quotes From Our Pupils
A roller coaster of fun and learning
Amazing, very bright and cheerful every day here at this wonderful school.
A great school with caring and kind staff. Oaklands Juniors is an amazing place to set you on your way in secondary school, and maybe even further.
The building blocks for my future life.
A very good Thinking school.