Adults in Year 6
Class 6A Teacher – Mrs Alexander
Class 6A Teaching Assistant – Mrs Yeatman
Class 6N Teacher – Miss Noad
Class 6N Teaching Assistant – Mrs Burrell
- Tuesday 9th May (am) – English grammar, punctuation and spelling papers 1 and 2
- Wednesday 10th May (am) – English reading
- Thursday 11th May (am) – Mathematics papers 1 and 2
- Friday 12th May (am) – Mathematics paper 3
- Revision and consolidating arithmetic
- Problem Solving
- National Geographic articles
- The Nowhere Emporium- narrative writing
- Grammar and Spellings, including Year 5/6 words
- Comprehension on varied stories and novels using Literacy Shed
- Guided reading on various texts including non-fiction, narratives and poetry
Science (and Outdoor Learning)
- Animals and Humans
- Electricity and Circuits
- Year group gardening
- Fairground rides (linked to circuits)
- Programming, Monitoring and Controlling Systems – Crumble
- Cooking linked to Eid Celebrations
- Mountain ranges
- Islam: What do Muslims do to be committed to their religion?
- Eid Celebration
- Preparation for Sports Day
- Abstract perspective sketching
Art activities – Please keep an old shirt or apron in school at all times.
- You’ve Got a Friend- Charanga
- Plastic Waste – Charanga
- E-safety; staying safe on-line
- Describing a cartoon character
- Raising self-esteem; Preparation for change and secondary school; Sex Education and relationships with others.
- Legoland visit – Wednesday 21st June
- Year 6 Afternoon Production – Tuesday 11th July
- Year 6 Evening Production and Presentations – Wednesday 12th July
- Leavers’ BBQ – Monday 17th July
Given out on Thursday to be in the following Tuesday:
- Doodle Maths and English, Spellings, Reading, Maths Whizz.
- Daily reading of school reading book – (5 times a week) minimum 10 mins. At least once a week read to an adult. To be recorded in Homework Diary.
Please check your child’s homework diary regularly and sign it at the end of each week.