Adults in Year 4
Class 4JG Teachers – Mrs Jones & Miss Green
Class 4JG Teaching Assistant – Mrs Townend
Class 4D Teacher – Miss Davidson
Class 4D Teaching Assistants – Mrs Hine & Mrs Koufopoulou
Year 4 1-1 Support Assistants – Mrs Balague, Mrs Plonker & Mrs Garden
- Using written methods to add, subtract, multiply and divide in word problems
- Fractions and decimals, ratio and proportion
- Capacity, measurements, time problems, area and perimeter
- Properties of shapes, drawing 2D shapes, lines of symmetry
- Reading scales, presenting and interpreting data, metric units
- Times tables check
- MTC (Multiplication Tables Check) – statutory test online between Monday 5th June and Friday 16th June
- Wind in the Willows: figurative speech, newspaper reports, wanted posters, poetry
- Letter Writing and explanations
- Comprehension skills
- Grammar & punctuation rules
- Guided reading skills
- Guided writing
Science (and Outdoor Learning)
- Sound – pitch, volume and vibrations
- States of matter: understanding the three states of matter
- Animals – including teeth, the human digestive system and food chains
- Habitats – investigating seasonal changes
- Year group gardening
- Modern-day Vatican and comparisons with Crowthorne and Ufton Nervet.
- Ufton Court Presentation to parents – Date to be confirmed
- Judaism- How do Jewish people show commitment?
- Christianity – Do you have to go to church to be religious?
- Rabbi visit – 23rd May
- Games – Racket/Bat and Ball Games – Tennis, Kwik Cricket and Rounders
- Summer dance
- Swimming (Mondays for five weeks of 2nd half term) – for identified children in Year group
- Athletics and preparation for Sports Day
Children should come to school in their School PE kit on Mondays and Wednesdays. Trainers in preference to plimsolls now please. Water bottles and sun hats required.
- Singing and playing instruments
- Dimensions of music (pulse, rhythm, pitch etc)
- Improvision & Composition
- Charanga music scheme
- Multimedia presentation
- E-safety; staying safe on-line
- ‘Healthy me’ including smoking and alcohol
- ‘Relationships’, including love & loss
- Understanding Changes – ‘unique me’ and accepting change
- Parts of the body & colours
- Writing sentences: word order, negatives, questions, use of plural, adjectival agreement
- Songs, games and stories
Design and Technology
- Cooking (pizza)
- Clay – dragon eye
Art activities – Please keep an old shirt or apron in school at all times.
- Doodle Maths – 25 minutes (spread out during the week)
- Doodle Tables – 20 minutes (spread out during the week)
- Doodle English – 25 minutes (spread out during the week)
- Weekly times tables test on Wednesdays
- Spelling homework (10 min) to be handed in by Tuesday (given out on a Thursday).
- Daily reading – (at least 5 times) minimum 10 mins per session. To be recorded in Homework Diary
Please check your child’s homework diary regularly and sign it at the end of each week.