We have received the following information from Wokingham:
Free school meals and extra funding for your child’s education
Across the UK more than 10 per cent of pupils who are eligible for free school meals do not register to get them.
We want to make sure 100 per cent of our pupils claim when they can in Wokingham Borough.
Importantly, it also means schools can get additional funding to support pupils.
To qualify, your child must be in school and you must be receiving one of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- NASS support
- Guarantee element of State Pension
- Child Tax Credit, provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit for the four weeks after employment ends
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
If this applies to you but your child isn’t registered for free school meals, complete a form and return it to your child school.
Download the form and apply for Free School Meals on Wokingham Borough Council’s website.